Quality really counts in early-years
Investing in high-quality early years education has a huge impact on children’s attainment as they enter school. Our most vulnerable children have the most to gain from excellent early years setting, with partnership with parents a key component.
• Increase our Early Years Pupil Premium funding
• Support a national project to help boost the computing skills of primary school children
• Promote the use of community buildings, leisure centres and school premises to increase level of childcare provision
We want to;
• Offer 10 hours a week of free, quality childcare to all working parents from the end of paid parental leave (nine months) until their child is two.
• Offer 10 hours a week of free, quality childcare for all children aged two to three.